Thursday, April 05, 2007

Facebook, Schmasebook!

Ugh! I hate Facebook!

Several of my friends have sent me an email, stating " has added you as a friend to Facebook"> Oh, gee, that's nice of them - not sure how I got on Facebook in the first place, but- hey, why not? The email provides a link at the bottom to go an view my friend's Facebook account. So I click on the link...

"please register for Facebook, and converse with all your friends!!!"

....

Now, let me get one thing straight for the masses who will come across this dusty blog one day: I hate, and I mean HATE being pressured into doing things I don't want to do. Didn't do drugs or binge drinking, I don't do dares, and I don't send on chain letters or emails. Not even for babies with cancer. So don't send them to me.
If my friends put me on their page (Facebook or otherwise) I should be able to go and look at their page - I don't have to see the whole Dominion That Is Facebook, but if these people are acknowledgeing my existence and placing my name ON THEIR SITE, shouldn't I be able to access their page?

Screw Facebook and their elitist, "not-part-of-the-club-so-you-can't-come-in" attitude - that is so grade 4. Grow up already.

2 Comments:

Blogger NinjaRaven said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to the last comment - umm....how exactly does facebook do a lot of good? From my experience it is a black hole that sucks your time away and gives back nothing productive except tagged photos, random messages and the occaisional 'poke'. Maybe the company does a lot of good, but offering a social utility isn't 'good', it's business. I'm sure the creators of facebook are benefiting from this business.
And for future reference, to respond to any juvenile comments with juvenile comments of your own only adds fuel to the fire. Chill and let cooler, more mature heads prevail, or stay out of the fray.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home